1 :: Hug Your Mother – No, seriously. Do it. Right now. If she’s not around, call her and tell her you love her and give her a verbal hug. You have no idea how much you need your mom. How much she supports you and gives you that unconditional “I love you” like only a mother can. I lost my mother to cancer over four years ago and every single day I still hug her. Mostly because I don’t ever want to forget what it was like to wrap my arms around her short little 5’3″ frame and feel so unbelievably loved. I cannot impart how important it is to cherish the moments that you have with your mother. She’s your number one fan, your terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day pick-me-up, your please-tell-me-I-can-make-it cheerleader. So make sure she knows how much she means to you. For this life can be unfairly short, and time with your Mother is a precious precious thing.
2 :: Gift Giving Guide – Unsure what do for your Momma this Mother’s Day? Here’s a helpful gift guide for the different types of Mom’s in your life! Click on an item to take you shopping!
1) Pantone Bridge Solid Coated Palette 2) Windsor Newton Designers Gouache 3) Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pen – Medium Point – 16 Color Set 4) Pilot Iroshizuku Ink – 50 ml | For fountain pens 5) Artograph LightPad from John Neal Bookseller
For the Gardening Mom
1) Anthropologie | Vegetable Garden Dishtowel 2) Amazon.com | Outdoor Wooden Plant Stand-Plant Stand 3) Amazon.uk | Wild and Wolf Celia Birtwell Garden Gloves 4) Shane Powers | Ceramic Wall Planters 5) Fresh Blooms of course!
For the Mom who’s a Foodie at Heart
1) Anthropologie | Luna Serving Set 2) Anthropologie | Bon Appetit Napkin 3) Anthropologie | Point Duchesse Pitcher 4) Anthropologie | Ruffoni Copper Sauce Pan 5) Anthropologie | Painted Amaryllis Spoon Rest 6) Anthropologie | Fallen Pleats Cake Stand 7) Anthropologie | Stripe-Up Apron
For the Corporate Mom
1) Leatherpadfolios.com | Mahogany classic leather jr padfolio 2) cultpens.com | Porsche Design TecFlex P’3110 Steel Fountain Pen 3) Moo.com | Luxe Business Cards 4) Express | CHAMBRAY JACKET AND COLUMNIST ANKLE PANT 5) Express | HIGH NECK CAMI AND HIGH RISE PENCIL SKIRT 6) Express | ONE BUTTON JACKET AND EDITOR PANT
For the Mom who embraces her Inner Tech Nerd
1) Amazon.com | Eye-Fi Mobi 32GB SDHC Class 10 Wireless Memory Card 2) Amazon.com | Vivitar Universal Wireless and Wired Shutter Release Remote Control 3) Amazon.com | Apple iPad Air (64GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) 4) Amazon.com | Rowenta RH8559 Delta Force 18V Cordless Bagless Energy Star Rated Stick Vacuum Cleaner 5) Amazon.com | USpicy® Professional UV Gel Nail Dryer / Lamp / Light Acrylic Gel & Shellac 6) Sephora | GHD Eclipse 1″ Straightener
For Monogram Obsessed Mom
1) Anthropologie | Homegrown Monogram Mug 2) May Designs | Monogram May Notes 3) May Designs | Monogrammed Notebook 4) Large Monogrammed Stoneware Mug with Vintage Handle
For the Shoe Loving Mom
1) DSW | BCBG Paris Jaze d’Orsay Pump 2) DSW | Steve Madden Heaven Patent Ballet Flat 3) DSW| Kelly & Katie Lacey Flat 4) DSW | Penny Loves Kenny June Wedge Sandal 5) DSW | Rampage Dafnee Sandal
For Bombshell Beauty Mom
1) Nordstrom | Eliza J Dot Print Crêpe de Chine Fit & Flare Dress (Regular & Petite) 2) Nordstrom | Cynthia Steffe ‘Cora’ Bell Sleeve Lace Shift Dress 3) MAC Cosmetics | Eye Shadow x15: Warm Neutral 4) Sephora | Shiseido : Nourishing Mascara Base 5) Butter London | Fiver Nail Laquer
For Mom’s who love the Sea
1) Etsy | Sailor Bikini Set 2) ModCloth.com | Looks Lake Love Dress 3) rastyle.me | Nautical Coffee Mug 4) Etsy.com | Clair Ashley | Nautical Jewelry 3) Etsy.com | Be A Square Knot Bracelet 5) Nordstrom | Michael Kors Jet Set Medium Travel Tote
Wishing everyone a wonderful Mother’s Day on May 11, 2014! Truly honor and cherish your mother, and be sure not to forget about loving on your Mother-in-Law as well! If you find this Gift Guide useful, I’ve created a very special Pinterest board for Mother’s Day that includes even more gift giving ideas! Don’t forget to follow all of my boards to never miss a fantastic product find!
4 :: Last Month’s Happiness – If you didn’t get a chance, be sure to check out April’s Happiness Through My Eyes post on A Proper Coffee Tasting. In this post I walk you through how to conduct a coffee tasting from my years of working as a barista at Starbucks. You can even plan a coffee tasting party with all the knowledge I drop on you! Long live caffeine addicts everywhere! Don’t forget to follow the blog circle all the way around the world!
Happy Monday Ya’ll!!! It’s my hope that Monday In A Moment brightens the beginning of your week so you can power through to the end!
Hit the subscribe button above to receive the Kirsten Ashley Photography Blog in your email whenever it’s posted! Like this post? Hit the like button or leave a comment to show some love! Emails not your thing? No problem! You can constantly follow Kirsten Ashley Photography’s blog with Bloglovin.